Heads of University Centres of Biomedical Sciences
The purpose of HUCBMS is to promote the development and enhancement of biomedical science teaching and research.
- promoting national and international quality standards in biomedical science teaching and research;
- seeking to ensure that adequate resources are available to departments of biomedical science;
- providing benchmarks for model curricula;
- providing advice and guidance to biomedical science departments;
- promoting the exchange of views, dissemination of information and collaboration between member institutions.
It represents the interests of its member institutions (universities and colleges) at a national and international level. Inter alia, it acts as a representative voice for biomedical science and a source of advice, comment and analysis to relevant external bodies.
What is Biomedical Science?
HUCBMS member institutions